A2 Global Terms of Service
We are Allan & Associates Management Limited, a company registered in England with a company number of 08004242 and a registered address of 11 Church Road, Great Bookham, Surrey, KT23 3PB (hereafter “A&A” “we” or “us”). These are the terms of service (the “Terms”) which apply when you use our online platform and mobile application named 'A2 Global' (“A2 Global”).
PART A: A2 GLOBAL
1. What is A2 Global? A2 Global is an online platform and mobile app based subscription information service providing worldwide political and security analysis, as well as a security alert capability. A&A’s network of analysts conducts round-the-clock monitoring of political and security conditions in 198 countries and territories. A2 Global provides independent, forward looking, business focused assessments enabling its Clients (“Users” or “you”) to make timely, informed decisions intended to ensure the smooth running of their business operations.
2. These Terms: These Terms form a legally binding contract between you and us. In return for permission to access A2 Global you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with these Terms you should immediately cease using A2 Global.
3. Privacy & Cookies Policy: The information we collect from you and the limited ways in which we use it is set out in our Privacy and Cookies policy which is deemed to form part of these Terms.
4. Changes to these Terms: We may update these Terms from time to time. We will notify you of such changes via a suitable announcement on A2 Global. The changes will apply to the use of A2 Global after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the revised or new Terms you should stop using A2 Global.
PART B: USER ACCOUNTS
5. Eligibility: To be eligible to register as a User of A2 Global you must:
- be the employee or director (or otherwise have permission to use A2 Global) of an organisation (a ‘Client Organisation’) which has in place a licence with us for you to use A2 Global;
- be 18 years of age or over;
- have capacity to enter into binding contracts under English Law;
- provide information to us that is true and accurate and that you will update when necessary;
- not previously have been banned or blocked from using A2 Global; and
- ensure the account you have registered is your only account on A2 Global.
6. Verification: You authorise us to use any information provided to us when you register to verify your identity and activities on A2 Global.
7. Responsibility for Access: It is your responsibility (and that of your Client Organisation) to ensure that you have an appropriate device/web browser and any other technical requirement in place to access and use A2 Global and download any reports you may have access to. You (or your Client Organisation) are responsible for the costs you incur in accessing A2 Global, including Internet/mobile use charges.
8. Rejection, suspension and termination: We may reject any application for an account and withdraw access to A2 Global at our sole and absolute discretion. We may at any time and for any reason (taking any required technical or legal steps) terminate or suspend any account or use of A2 Global.
9. Password: You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password. You may not tell anyone else your password nor allow anyone else to access your account on your behalf.
PART C: USE OF A2 GLOBAL
10. Licence to use: We hereby grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to access A2 Global and to use it as it is intended to be used being for you and your Client Organisation’s own internal business purposes. Your licence to use A2 Global is subject at all times to your compliance with these Terms and the subsistence of a licence between us and your Client Organisation. You may view, retrieve and display the content of A2 Global on a computer screen or other device which connects to the internet or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you: (i) keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices; and (ii) do not otherwise reproduce, copy, distribute, sell or otherwise use it for commercial purposes.
11. Your Use: To the extent that our tools and A2 Global are made available for use by Users (and Client Organisations), we are merely providing such tools and A2 Global on a passive and neutral way. Such tools shall act in a way that is technical and automated. Therefore, it is your responsibility (and that of your Client Organisation) to ensure that any actions based upon the use of our tools and A2 Global are in accordance with applicable law.
12. Intellectual Property: The A2 Global platform and its content (including all articles, photographs, images, text, fonts and designs) are owned by us and/or our licensors (unless indicated otherwise) and protected by copyright, trade marks (both registered and unregistered), database rights, design rights and other intellectual property rights.
13. Your Materials: Any material you (or Client Organisations) upload to A2 Global shall be considered both your property and your confidential information by us, which we may only use under licence. Accordingly, we take no responsibility for any materials uploaded to A2 Global and you shall take responsibility for ensuring you have the right to upload and use all such materials to A2 Global. You acknowledge that we may, at our absolute discretion, take down any content which you upload at any time.
PART D: LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILIY
14. Restrictions: Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude or limit our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) any other matter for which liability cannot be excluded or limit under law.
15. No warranties or representations: Subject to paragraph 14, you acknowledge that A2 Global provides you with access to content and tools in relation to global political, security and risk, which is volatile and ever-changing and evolving. You use A2 Global entirely at your own risk. You (and your Client Organisation) must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of A2 Global and any reliance it places on the information it provides. We do not purport to give advice to you of any kind on what you (or your Client Organisation) should or should not do in relation to travel, business operations, information security etc. We simply provide you with tools and content to help you make such decisions. You remain responsible for any decision that you make using A2 Global, and in taking such decisions regard must be had to the large number of other factors of which the Client and its chosen advisers are, or should be aware from sources other than A2 Global in respect of global security.
16. Exclusions and Limitations: Subject to paragraph 14:
- we shall not in any circumstances have any liability for any losses or damages which may be suffered by you (or your Client Organisation), whether the same arise in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever, which fall within any of the following categories:
- indirect, consequential or special loss or damage even if we were aware of the circumstances in which such damage could arise; and
- loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, wasted management time, loss of goodwill, loss or corruption of content or data, or losses or damage to any computer software, hardware or system, the failure of the Client’s software, hardware or connection to the Internet or loss of customers;
- to the fullest extent permitted by law we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings, and obligations implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise that are not expressly set out in these Terms; and
- our total aggregate liability to you shall be limited to £50.
17. ‘As is’ basis: Subject to paragraph 16, you acknowledge that the A2 Global is provided to the Client on an ‘as is’ basis and that A2 Global shall not be error free and uninterrupted, nor shall we correct all errors in A2 Global and that A2 Global may contain viruses, bugs, worms, trojan horses, bots and other harmful and destructive components, although we shall use its reasonable endeavours to correct any such errors as soon as practicable.
18. Decisions in relation to the A2 Global: You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the outcome of any decisions which are made in relation to your use of A2 Global. You acknowledge that we do not warrant to you that A2 Global is suitable to you or for your purposes and that you must use your own skill and judgement to evaluate the information which A2 Global makes available to you.
19. Force Majeure: We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control including acts of God, war, riot, civil commotion, fire, flood, adverse weather, terrorist action, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, governmental order, rule or regulation, failure of telecommunications that provide connectivity to A2 Global from a public or private network such as the Internet or default of suppliers or sub-contractors.
20. Reasonable: You agree that each of these exclusions and limitations is reasonable having regard to the nature of A2 Global.
PART E: APPLICABLE LAW AND INTERNATIONAL USE
21. Law and Jurisdiction: These Terms, any collateral contract and any dispute arising out of or in connection with the same shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. International Use: We make no promise that materials on A2 Global are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom. If you choose to access A2 Global from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
23. Assignment and Subcontracting:
- You may not assign, sub-license, transfer or charge any of your rights or obligations under these Terms.
- Where you have access to web-based reports that are downloadable from A2 Global (“Downloadable Reports”) (such access being dependent on the extent of each Client Organisation’s licence to use A2 Global) you are granted the right to grant royalty-free sub-licences to your Client Organisation's own commercial clients (each a “Sub-Licensee”) to use Downloadable Reports for their own internal business purposes (each a “Sub-Licence”) on the condition that:
- each Downloadable Report contains at all times the following legal notice: “(c) Allan & Associates Management Ltd (and licensors). All rights reserved.”
- A&A may terminate a Sub-Licence at any time for any reason on written notice to the Client Organisation and/or the Sub-Licensee;
- A&A may take any action it sees fit to stop the Sub-Licensee from continuing to use Downloadable Reports once it has terminated its Sub-Licence (including if A&A deems the Sub-Licensee to be an A&A competitor).
- We may subcontract or assign any of our obligations under these Terms.
24. Relationship with Users: No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee is in force. We do not vet A2 Global’s Users in any way, nor do we endorse any specific Users.
25. Complaints and disputes: If you:
- have any concerns about content which appears on A2 Global or from your use of A2 Global; or
- believe that any act or omission by any other User is in breach of applicable law, for example, if you believe you are the subject of a defamatory statement or if you believe any User infringes third party intellectual property rights;
please contact email@example.com immediately and we will then consider your concern and decide whether to take action and whether or not any User concerned has, in our opinion, breached any of their responsibilities in using A2 Global. We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate the use of A2 Global and generally do not do so. Nothing shall prevent Users from commencing Court proceedings against one another. We will endeavour to inform you of the outcome of its review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
A2 Global Privacy and Cookies Policy
This is the Privacy & Cookies Policy (the ‘PCP’) of Allan & Associates Management Limited, a company registered in England with a company number of 08004242 and a registered address of 11 Church Road, Great Bookham, Surrey, KT23 3PB (hereafter “A&A” “we” or “us”) in respect of our web platform and mobile application information service we have developed providing worldwide political and security analysis, as well as a security alert capability. (‘A2 Global’). This PCP describes the ways in which we collect and use information about our users (hereafter ‘You’) when you visit and/or use A2 Global. If you have any queries about this PCP please contact us using the contact details below.
1. Who this PCP applies to: This PCP applies to any person who uses A2 Global [and people who make complaints to us by email]. By using A2 Global you agree to be bound by our Terms of Service which this PCP forms part of. We may update this PCP from time to time. We will notify you of such changes via a suitable announcement on A2 Global. The changes will apply after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the revised or new PCP you should stop using A2 Global.
2. People who contact or make complaints to us by email: When we receive complaints by email we shall file any relevant document and may retain details of the complainant, and other individuals identified in the complaint. We will only use this information to process the complaint and to check on our services and staff.
3. Information we collect from people who use A2 Global: When you sign up to and use A2 Global, we collect the following information from you:
- upon sign up we collect your user name, your e-mail address (including any email associated with your payment provider’s account), your password and device you are using [together with your profile information for your user profile which may include your full name, a photo identifying you and other contact information such as postal address and telephone number];
- information relating to your real time location;
- your IP address or the internet browser which you are using when you use A2 Global; and
4. Stopping us from collecting this information: If you do not want us to collect and use this information you can use your browser settings and privacy settings on your device to prevent us collecting certain of the above information about you. If you still have concerns about the information we collect, please contact us at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. How we use information collected from people who use A2 Global: The information is used for our own business management purposes and also in order to provide the best service possible via A2 Global. We may also use your information to:
- help you access your information after you sign in and remember information for future visits;
- facilitate the improvement of A2 Global and your experience of A2 Global and to develop and test A2 Global;
- provide technical support in relation to user enquires, resolving disputes, collecting fees and troubleshooting;
- to monitor numbers of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns;
- prevent fraud or illegal activities;
- to provide information about other products and services. From time to time we may send you information about A2 Global and other goods and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can tell us to stop this at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com;
- share with third parties for the purposes as described in paragraph 6 below.
- contact you in relation to our products and services; and
- contact you with our online newsletter, which you can unsubscribe from at any time.
6. Sharing information with third parties: We will not pass your information to third party advertisers for them to market to you other than as described in this paragraph. We may, subject to its obligations to comply with applicable data protection legislation, share your information with third parties including:
- all information you submit or generate through A2 Global may be accessed by your Client Organisation (being the organisation which has in place a licence for you to use A2 Global);
- in relation to the sale of some or all of our business, or its assets, to any third party, or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected; in anonymised form with data aggregators and service providers as part of an analysis of user metrics or sales performance; or
- with law enforcement agencies in compliance with law enforcement.
7. Links to third party websites and third party adverts: We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access such sites using links from A2 Global, adverts in A2 Global or from adverts on a webpage when you are using A2 Global. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions. In addition, if you link to A2 Global from a third party site or via a social network (e.g. Twitter, Facebook), we are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
8. Security: We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use. Our physical servers are operated by a dedicated third party service within the EU.
- Disabling Cookies: The use of the cookies described above improves the functionality of A2 Global and your experience using it. If you do not want these cookies to be served on your device, you are able to disable them by changing the settings on your browser, or on your device. Please note that if you do decide to disable cookies you may not be able to access all or part of A2 Global, some of the features of A2 Global or A2 Global may not function properly. By continuing to use A2 Global, including using social networking media functionality, you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
- More information: To find out more about how cookies work, how to manage and delete them and to see which ones have been set please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Cookies we use: Descriptions of the cookies used by A2 Global, and in connection with A2 Global are provided in the Table below.
- Device Identifiers: When you use a mobile device to access A2 Global, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use A2 Global and may help us or others provide reports or personalised content and ads.
10. Contact details: If at any time you would like to contact us about your views on this PCP or any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at our registered trading address:
Table: Cookies used in A2 Global
SESS[unique ID] - Browser Session Cookie
This cookie is set by the website when a user logs into the site and is an essential cookie for the operation of the membership area. By becoming a member of the site you accept the terms of usage, including the setting of cookies.